We’re seeking an experienced Writer/Editor to join our editorial team and be intimately involved in producing our content at your home office. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for (1) Writing well-researched articles, (2) brainstorming and creating new types of original content to further grow our impact and reach, (3) editing our contributing writers’ content (according to the company style guide), and (4) giving feedback to our contributors.
In this role, you’ll learn everything there is to know about editing and publishing uplifting and encouraging content and the best practices of emotional online writing—a valuable editorial specialty in high demand.
Experience & Requirements:
- 1+ years of post-college writing experience
- 1+ years of post-college editing experience
- Comfortable with WordPress and Photoshop
- Capacity to turn projects around quickly
- Creative thinker, able to wear many hats and switch focuses on a dime
It’s Even Better If You Have:
- Managerial editorial experience (getting other people to fix their own work)
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Knowledge and experience writing/editing emotional copy
- Experience with Slack and Google Docs
- Familiarity with the purpose of our company
- Experience or knowledge with writing for a targeted audience
- A love of brightening the world and spreading hope