Main Course You Can Try During the Holidays
During the Holidays all you want to do is enjoy quality time with your loved ones. Everyone looks for dishes in the table that they usually do not eat in their normal days. So you do want to make something special for them but you do not want to waste all the time in the kitchen instead of spending quality time with them.
My choice of method is crockpot cooking because it keeps me enough time to spend with my family, do some chores, make time to relax and at the same time I get a fabulous main course on the table.
Here are some chicken main course, Turkey and Beef recipe that would really impress all your guests.
Crockpot Pot Sweet Potato and Quinoa Turkey Chili
Cooking Time: 8 hours
- 1 large shallot or 1 small onion, chopped
- 1lb ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1lb) diced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 15oz can baked beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Toppings: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, chopped avocado, tortilla chips, green onions
- In your crockpot place the ground turkey.
- Add the shallot and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, all the spices, vegetables, and broth.
- Stir well and add the lid. Cook on low heat for nearly 8 hours.
- Add the toppings and serve hot.