Want to Treat yourself in Dinner today? Try these Dishes!
Creamy Vegetarian potato Soup with Crunchy potato chips
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
10 cups mushroom stock
3 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 pound potatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped chives
Oil for frying
1. In a stock pot melt the butter with medium heat.
2. Add the celery and onions.
3. Sprinkle the salt and black pepper.
4. Stir for about 5 minutes and then add the garlic and bay leaf.
5. Pour in the mushroom stock and add the potatoes.
6. Cover with lid and bring it to boil.
7. Let the potato get tender and then take off the heat.
8. Take out the bay leaf and use a hand blender to make a smooth puree.
9. Add in the cream and again sprinkle some salt and pepper.
10. Soak the sliced potatoes in cold water.
11. In a pan add some oil and fry the potato slices golden brown.
12. Once they are golden brown, transfer to a kitchen towel.
13. Serve the soup with crispy chips on top.