- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 12 Turnovers
- 17.25 ounce frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Choose a semi medium baking tray that fits into your air fryer
- Grease the baking tray using butter or cooking spray. Set aside for now.
- In a mixing bowl add 4 cups of water.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Peel the apples and cord them. Cut them into thin slices.
- Add the apple slices into the lemon water to prevent them from getting browned.
- After 10 minutes, drain the apple slices and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla extract, confectioners’ sugar, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon to it.
- Mix well and add to the air fryer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Now take out the pastry sheets and spread on a flat surface.
- Cut it into 4 inch long squares.
- Add one spoonful of the apple sauce and fold each edge of the pastry squares.
- Repeat the process with the rest.
- Arrange on the baking tray and bake in the preheated air fryer for about 10 minutes.