Traditional Rice Dishes you can Cook at Home
Mutton Rice and Vegetable Biriyani
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8
- 8 mutton pieces
- 1 tablespoon curates
- 1 ½ cups rice
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh herbs
- 3 red chilies
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon onion paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon allspice
- In a pressure cooker add the oil.
- Add the mutton pieces and fry them brown from both sides.
- Transfer the mutton onto a plate.
- Add the onion paste, ginger garlic paste and stir until the fragments come out.
- Add salt and pour in ½ cup of water.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add the rice and all the spices.
- Stir continuously for 10 minutes.
- Add the mutton pieces and toss for 5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and stir well.
- Add the herbs and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover with the lid.
- Cook on medium low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.